Video Archive Renewal

The news and updates for KillFaz.com

Return to Site News and Updates

Post Posted on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:43 am

In the course of the week-long task of organizing my 5600-strong music library, I decided to multitask and get something else done that's been on my to-do list for quite some time. Over the past week, I re-encoded and uploaded every single video in the Kill Faz archive. Yep. Every. Single. One. Thirty-three videos and over 100 downloads.

So now, every single video in the archive is available to stream in High-Def (where available), High (where available), and Low resolutions. The Quicktime counterparts to those versions are also in the Downloads section right below the video on the Theater page. The highest resolution Windows Media version is also available for download.

I also did a sort of "remastering" of some of the videos. For episodes 2-4 of Kill Faz: Season 1, as well as the Flag Day Video and the Crunchbite Tribute Video, I removed the letterboxing and made them native widescreen videos. I re-did all of the ending credits, etc. to match the new format as well. (In Episode 4, however, I went ahead and left out the beginning credits, not only because I was too lazy to do that, but also because they're not really that necessary.) Also, I finally re-did Episode 1 to match the original final version. Streaming as well as downloadable versions of that video are now available.

You'll also notice that during this process I uploaded/re-uploaded all of our videos to WeGame.com and YouTube.com. The former being a newer video website specifically for gaming and machinima videos, and the latter being.... well, who doesn't know what YouTube is? I'm too lazy to link, so just look for user "Kaisonic" on both sites if you'd like to subscribe or favorite or whatever.

The high- and low-resolution versions of "So Cold" and "How to Make a Machinima" are being re-uploaded right now because I forgot to do the thing I do to make them able to be streamed.

Also, all high- and low-resolution Quicktime versions are also directly iPod compatible, so if you want to watch Kill Faz on the go, you can copy those downloads straight to your iPod (none of this "This video can't be played on this iPod" and having to "Create iPod Version").

I also re-did all of the screenshots for the videos on the Videos page, taking out the silly ESRB-like notices. Those will be up in a few minutes.

I still need to re-encode the latest Kill Faz episode to be iPod-compatible. That should be up within a couple days.

In minor update news, I also fixed a couple of bugs in the Theater system, as well as implementing some new ideas that sort of streamline the downloadable version downloading and listing and whatnot.

Jay's Too-Long-Didn't-Read Version: The entire video archive is now available to stream and download using the latest technology to ensure the highest quality.

Jay's Too-Long-Didn't-Read Version for Dummies: THE WHOLE VIDEOS SECTION IS COMPLETE AND LOOKS PRETTYFULL!

In other news, we're producing part 2 of "Kill Faz: S.A.C." in the coming week and into the weekend, with a release date hopefully in the following week, given ample time for editing, encoding, uploading, laziness, etc. So stick around! More Kill Faz coming soon!
--Tommy--
Webmaster of Kaisonic.net and All Subsidiaries
Tommy
Site Admin

Post Posted on Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:50 pm

It does look Prettyful, Hehe, I wanna touch..
Badboy602

Return to Site News and Updates