Welcome to the New KillFaz.com!

The news and updates for KillFaz.com

Return to Site News and Updates

How do you like the new site?

It's great! Absolutely stunning!
100%
Not too bad, but definitely better than before.
No votes
Meh... it's alright, I guess.
No votes
I'm indifferent.
No votes
It's not too good, I like the old one better.
No votes
I hate it!
No votes
Too much purple!
No votes

Total votes : 2

Post Posted on Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:18 am

Welcome, everyone, to the new KillFaz.com! We've been developing this site for some time now, since we decided the old site looks... well frankly, like it was made by a 15-year-old. And technically it was; hence the time for a new look.

For a while now, I've had the idea to integrate the forums into the rest of the site. I sorta found that with PHP-Nuke - the code the old site was based on. I never really liked it, and it had way too many un-organized features that we didn't need or use. Once phpBB3 came out, I was even more excited to undertake my idea.

So I did, and set out to create a site based on and mostly using phpBB3. I picked a theme, proFormell, and customized it to the wonderfully-violet site you see now. As for the backend, I had to do a LOT of coding. And I mean, a LOT. The entire videos page, Theater, and HD Theater system was completely coded by yours truly, along with every other page that isn't part of the original phpBB3 package, including the fact that the first five topics of the News forum appears here on the front page (that actually took more work than you'd think).

That being said, make sure you update your bookmarks. The new site uses "home.php" as the home page, since the usual "index.php" is the index of the forums. Just going to "http://www.killfaz.com" automatically takes you to the "home.php", so if your bookmark points just to the domain, you should be fine. But if you had a bookmark that pointed to "index.php", change that to "home.php".

Anyway, please remember that a small portion of the site is still under development, and there are probably some things I missed when going through and making sure everything worked or fell in line with the current color scheme. If you happen to find something, let me know through my profile or the Help Center forum.

Also, we decided that a fresh start to the forums would be best for the upcoming season of Kill Faz. As such, all users no longer exist, so you'll have to register again. Sorry about that little inconvenience.

Speaking of season 2, development is still in progress. As for the HD Theater, it's actually completely done and implemented. To check it out, there's a video called "How to Make a Machinima" on the videos page that's in hi-def. We'll also soon have a Kill Faz-related test video in HD for your viewing pleasure.

In conclusion, I hope you enjoy the new site! Register, explore, test things out, post in the forums, and most importantly - check out our videos!
--Tommy--
Webmaster of Kaisonic.net and All Subsidiaries
Tommy
Site Admin

Return to Site News and Updates